Mediterranean Flavors Make this Quinoa Dish a Clean Winner!
Now with the warmer weather here, I certainly like to eat outside more oftern. We also like to make those fast and flavorful dishes that do not heat up the kitchen! This delicious quinoa salad certainly hits that gratifying button with each bite. We added fresh arugula, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese to a tri-color quinoa. The ingredients are pretty straightforward and keep you on top of your healthy eating game with clean ingredients. If you come across fresh arugula at your local farmers’ market or grocery store, be sure and snag some for this salad! It has a much larger leaf than baby arugula and has a more powerful punch of pepper on the palate with a softer, more delicate texture. Arugula is a highly nutritious leafy green loaded with fiber and essential nutrients. You can serve this dish as an accompaniment to your favorite proteins or use it as a stand-alone salad for lunch or dinner. The ingredients as pretty easy to have on hand and can be a quick dinner addition in no time. Freedom to cook your healthier plant-forward food starts today!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup fresh arugula, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and rinsed quinoa to a boil. Cover and turn down to simmer for 12 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Transfer cooked quinoa to a large bowl.
- Drizzle quinoa with extra virgin olive oil and season with sea salt andfresh cracked pepper. Add arugula,olives, and feta cheese and gently toss ingredients together. Serve warm or chilled.