Easy Oven Toasted Granola to Delight your Breakfast Repertoire
In an effort to keep it real, it’s time to be making your own granola! It is as easy as making a bowl of oatmeal with a much-needed elevation of your culinary senses. We all love our oats to have in our morning routine, but sometimes we also like to kick it up a few notches and crunch away on a handful of granola. This granola has all the ingredients to make it tasty and delicious without a whole lot of fuss. You can also pronounce all the ingredients as well without worrying about what they might be hiding in those commercial products off the store shelf. Go ahead and give this a spin in your oven and the whole house will smell delightful and cheery. 20 minutes in the oven is about all it needs and this is one the kids can help you put together with a bit less mess than say your regular baking arsenal. I paired mine up with some yogurt and fresh blueberries but the sky is the limit! Let us know your favorite way of serving or snacking with granola and the ingredients you added. It is an ever-changing recipe due to tastes, time of year, and whatever you may have left in the pantry!
Homemade Toasted Granola
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 tablespoons warmed coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- 1/4 cup oat or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, hemp, chia, cinnamon, ginger, and sea salt and stir. Add warmed coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, oat milk, and apple juice, and mix until the oats are slightly wet.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat and spread the mixture evenly onto the pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until toasted.
- Let cool before storing in an airtight container. Serve with optional plain organic whole milk yogurt and top with fresh blueberries for a delightful day.